Becoming a Member
You can become a member of Oceanside Volunteer Association (O.V.A.), either as an individual who wants to volunteer, or as an organization which welcomes volunteers.
1. Individual Volunteers
People of all ages who are interested in volunteering can contact our office and find information about volunteer opportunities. We can tell you about local organizations and the services they provide and current volunteer opportunities. There are also other services that we offer to members. Please see "Programs and Services".
Reasons for volunteering include:
- Get job experience or help with selecting your education direction.
- Build self-esteem and confidence.
- Fill your time beneficially.
- Get involved in your community.
- Meet new and interesting people.
- Make new friends.
- Develop new skills.
- Expand your horizons.
- Support a cause you believe in.
- Fulfill a course requirement.
The O.V.A. assists volunteers to find placements to suit their individual interests, abilities and needs. Volunteer opportunities are listed on our website, office listing and in weekly newspaper advertisements. All the information you need to become a member volunteer is on this website. Please see "Want to Volunteer?" You are also always welcome to visit or call our office.
2. Volunteer Organizations
The Oceanside Volunteer Association offers membership to volunteer organizations for an annual fee of $50.00.
The benefits of membership include:
- The opportunity to to list your volunteer needs on our website, office listing, monthly newspaper advertisements.
- Listing in our monthly radio spots.
- Active recruitment of volunteers to fill urgent and immediate needs.
- Reduced registration fees for workshops, including those presented by Volunteer Nanaimo.
- Affiliate membership in Volunteer B.C.
Check out the complete list of benefits on the Membership Application.
We often receive donations of equipment, furniture or supplies which we then offer to our Member Agencies. This past year we have donated computers and miscellaneous office supplies and furniture.
To register as a Member Organization, call (250) 594-2637.
You can download the form above.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.