Volunteer with Us
Volunteer! – Get involved and make a difference in your community!
Volunteering is: Interesting, Challenging and Fun!
There are so many reasons 1.5 million people in British Columbia volunteer: to get involved by "giving back" to the community; job experience; new to the community; to associate with people with common interests and concerns; for fun!
We look forward to assisting you play a part in building a stronger community because together we can and do make a difference!
5 Simple Steps To Making A Difference:The Oceanside Volunteer Association maintains a data base of current volunteer opportunities for potential volunteers to review. You can view a complete list of the current opportunities right here on this website, or you are welcome to come into our office located at #2 -692 Beach Road, Qualicum Beach, V9K 1S4. Our office hours are Tuesday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fill out the application form provided. Please email, mail or bring a completed application form to our office. You can get this form here:
- Many organizations require their volunteers to have a current Criminal Record Check. We can provide you with the necessary form to get a special Volunteer Criminal Record Check from the RCMP. The RCMP will complete this Criminal Record Check free of charge.
- Once the paperwork is complete, we look forward to helping you find the most rewarding volunteer position to match your interests and our organizations needs.
- O.V.A. staff completes a referral form to the organization that best suits your interests.
- With your referral form in hand, you will now have the contact information to connect with your prospective volunteer opportunities.
Completing the application process also entitles you to be a member of the Oceanside Volunteer Association - for life. Being a member gives you other benefits. Please see Becoming a Member and Our Programs.
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.